Tuesday 13 September 2016

Redecorating the Office Space! #1

The DIY has begun! So you may remember me mentioning in a past post that I wanted to re-design and redecorate the office space that I use for most of my work time. I wanted something airy and happy in mood so I thought that I should use pastel shades to keep the feeling light! I ended up deciding on mint colours with accents of pale pink on the accessories and furnishings.


So the first wall has been completed, after two mornings and afternoons I got to my striped dream pattern. I painted the base coat of the lightest shade of mint. There were some beautiful swatches in B&Q which led me to the Valspar collection (so many colours!). This was followed by measuring out 7" stripes and using masking tape to keep the lines clean before rolling on the next shade. The masking tape I used was extremely sticky! but thankfully it did not peel much of the base paint off. I painted my shelf the same shade of the lighter mint to make the room feel bigger and more cohesive. I'm super excited to do the other walls but also to decorate this part of the room with bunting and frames. Stay tuned for the next instalment of my interior journey!








 




No comments:

Post a Comment